Friday, September 1, 2017

A Few of our Favorite Picture Books

Thought I'd post links to some of my kids all-time favorite picture books for those looking too add some variety to their little one's library

Ladybug Girl - one of Lourdes' all time favorites because the little girl's name is Lulu.  I like it because she is strong and spunky.

 

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore - My kids love this book and it is basically a love story about reading.  It makes me tear up every time.



The Boy Who Loved Math - A story about a famous mathematician who was a little odd but absolutely loved prime numbers.  You wouldn't think this would be a big hit with the kids, but Sabine read this in school again yesterday and was raving about it at dinner.  How many kids can tell you what an Erdos number is????  Kids that have read this book can!



I am Helen Keller - This whole series talks about how ordinary people can change the word (Lucille Ball, Jim Henson, Jackie Robinson, Abraham Lincoln etc).  It is inspiring, but done in a way that appeals to kids.  We've probably read the Helen Keller story 50 times if not more.



Marshall the Courthouse Mouse - using mice to explain the Supreme Court.  How cool!



The book with no Pictures - This book is just hilarious.  I literally cried laughing the first time I read it to the kids - as did the kids.



Ada Twist, Scientist - Encouraging kids to question how things work.  Encouraging parents to be patient and allow kids to explore/experiment - even if it makes a mess.  I need this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment