Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Penguin Problems - 4.3 stars!
Penguin Problems by Jory John & Lane Smith. This book was featured at the Shedd Aquarium gift shop so I picked it up to read to the kids while they were deciding what stuffed animals to purchase. We were laughing so loudly in the store I bought it right away. Story is about a curmudgeonly, disgruntled penguin who finds life as a penguin to be one big burden. He briefly realizes the beauty of his surroundings and the love of his friends and family (after prompted by a wise walrus), but then quickly goes back to his complaining ways. Highly recommend. If you invite my kids to a birthday party in the near future - your kid is probably getting this book.
Recommended age - 4 and up
Lourdes - "I give it a 4 out of 5 stars because it is so hiliriouso. Funniest part is when the walrus goes away (after giving the wise words) and the penguin is 'Who is that Guy?' 'Why do strangers always talk to me.'"
Sabine - "I give it 5 out of 5 stars because I like when the penguin wakes up and says to the other penguins 'What's all the squawking you guys?' Another funny part is when he goes in the lake and he's like 'I don't like being hunted. My flippers ache.'"
Finnegan - "I give Penguin Problemos 4 out 5. I like when the penguin goes hunting and says 'the water smells too salty today.' Then he says 'where are all the fish??? FISH GET OUT HERE.'"
Amazon link if you'd like to check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment