As we head into the long Labor Day weekend, the kids have some suggestions to help make long drives go by faster.
Finnegan:
The Lightning Thief: Percy Jackson read by Jesse Bernstein. "I think kids will like this book because it's about Greek mythology and it is really funny. Like Percy always critiques the monsters he's fighting in his head."
The Hobbit (Dramatized). "Kids would like the adventure. There are some slightly scary parts, but they get better. I think it is for kids 8 and above (there is death in it). My favorite part is when all of the dwarves crowd into Bilbo's house at the beginning."
Lourdes:
The Boxcar Kids read by Phyllis Newman. "I really liked that the Boxcar kids are really nice to each other. I also liked that they helped each other and can build anything."
The Cricket in Times Square read by Tony Shalhoub. "I really liked that the boy's mother calls the cricket the CRICKETER. I like that the cricket helps the family sell newspapers to get money."
Sabine:
Frozen: The Junior Novelization read Andy Arnt. "I like Frozen because I liked when Ana finds Elsa at her castle. And I liked at the end they go ice skating and they fix the castle and the frozen things outside.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever read by CJ Critt. "I liked that the Herdmans were so funny. One time they set the shoemakers workshop on fire and then they stole the donuts from the fireman."
I'm going to add that Joe and I are big fans of How to Train Your Dragon and How to Be a Pirate read by David Tennant. The stories are great, but the narrator really puts it over the top with the accents. Joe usually falls asleep during audio book time, but he stayed awake for both of these books on more than one occasion. Also, you can't go wrong with the Harry Potter series read by Jim Dale.
No comments:
Post a Comment